If your Nokia 3110c is not working properly, it may be do to some application errors that crept into the firmware. You can easily flash your 3110c firmware on your own by following the tutorials bellow..
All you need is,
- JAF application with Pkey emulator
- Mini USB cable, It is the data cable ported with nokia 3110c
- fully charged Nokia 3110
Use the link bellow to get the Firmware for flashing :
Copy the items downloaded and paste it to the location
Make sure you have the .ppm, .mcu and .image files in the above folder after pasting.
Unrar and install JAF software; while installing in win vista/7/8 make sure to provide administrator privileges. During installation windows may warn that the software has not passed windows logo testing. Just click ok and carry on the installation.
- After the successful installation of the JAF. Run Pkey emulator providing administrative rights.
- In the Pkey dialog box click on the GO button. The Jaf application will start. It may say
"Box Driver not Installed", ignore and click OK.
- goto BB5 tab in the JAF dialog box. Now click on the use ini option and wait for a while. A pop up menu appears. from the menu select 5130 (or look for RM-495). The JAF will automatically scan and load the required files. Now check
normal mode.Then click on the flash button. The JAF will show a waring message. Ignore the message and click Ok.
- Carefully read the instructions in the JAF dialog. When it says
"initializing usb communication "press the power on button of the phone ONCE. JAF will again show waring messages like "unable to backup imei number". once again ignore the message and click OK.
- The JAF will start flashing... when it says
"Power on the device now" LONG PRESSthe power on button .
You will see green and red loading bars.. When the JAF says"operation completed successfully" plug out your phone from usb and restart it. It will be working fine.